Thursday 2 February 2017

OUGD502 - Studio brief 01 - Berlin research

With the visit to Berlin only around the corner I find it necessary and beneficial to me that I do some research so I make the most of my time in the capital of Germany. I've been eager to visit Berlin for a number of years now, so once the opportunity to go with Uni arrived I was excited as its a chance to blend my graphic design practice with my own personal interests, as well as it being a holiday (a well needed break).

From what I know we have an itinerary prepared for us from the morning until noon while in Berlin, then after that we are free to roam around the city and explore as we please. This provides me with the opportunity to explore the city at my own pace and take in everything around me, I have a number of things which I'd like to fit into my time in Berlin, which include:

Muting The Noise






















Muting The Noise is the record store of Innervisons (my favourite music label) ,the record shop, event location and art space which has recently been renovated and is equipped with a soundsystem and dj booth.The shop is located on Blücherstraße in Kreuzberg, and is open on Thursdays from 4 PM through 8 PM which is lucky as Thursday will be my last full day in Berlin. I've been longing to visit Berlin for years but one of the main factors maybe is this store, its the home of Innervisions, Dixon and Âme; easily three of the biggest names in underground house and techno and certainly my personal favourite. I based one of my design principles books last year on Innervisions and hopefully will come away from the store with a greater understanding of the label and maybe even a chance of meeting the guys behind Innervisons.

Smirnoff Sound Collective – Inside Innervisions

No74

























No74 is a established leading-edge spot and go-to venue for statement fashion, essential sportswear and chic design. Located on Torstrasse 74, in the heart of Berlin’s fashion and culture area, No74 has been helping redefine this once neglected district that might have been described as being off-the-beaten path not so long ago. ‘Torstrasse’ has since developed into the main stage for cool in Berlin, hosting a wide range of up-to-the-minute boutiques, galleries, bars, and high end restaurants for the cities growing taste for the culinary arts. With its commitment towards innovation and community, No74 illustrates the diversity of fresh ideas found in Berlin today. I discovered this store a couple of years ago on Instagram and have always had an eye on their feed since, even more so since Haw-Lin recently redesigned the store, the design is minimalist with bold colours and shapes paired with floating light which I'm eager to see for myself as well as a bit of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment