Sunday 12 March 2017

OUGD502 - Studio brief 02 - Change of direction for creative report

After mulling over what to do concerning the creative report, I started to think what I genuinely wanted to gain from undertaking an interview. Its great to know the ins and outs of studios or practitioners practices in which I admire, but what will personally help me and what I'm doing now.
I started to think about less of what I'm interested but more of what I'm concerned and intrigued about, examples of these include the transition from university to industry, studio life and the working process in the industry.

When it came to who to contact then I wanted the professionals I'm contacting to relate to me in some way. Every practitioner has been a design student at one point and been in the same situation as me but if I focused on graphic design graduates, who graduated from the three Leeds universities then I can gain so much more from their advice and experiences. Furthermore instead of just focusing on one professional, I wanted to cover a wider variety to get different perspectives which will benefit me more.

I decided that a complete different approach in contact was required too, instead of emailing I would privately message professionals through Instagram. Using my design related account I would message people in a more laid back way, being brief and concise and through this more relaxed contact method I believe people are more inclined to message back. Firstly because I believe its more personal, this is because whoever I contact will be able to view my feed and learn a little bit more about me as a designer before they decide to message back. Secondly because most people and especially designers are constantly on Instagram, they are more likely to view a message through private message as most the time you will receive a message request.

No comments:

Post a Comment