Saturday 6 May 2017

OUGD502 - Studio brief 01 - Unit 44 internship application

Over the last few weeks Ive been considering my plans for the summer and whether or not to stay in Leeds or back home in Newcastle. And as I discussed in my presentation I potentially may have a placement lined up at Decide in Newcastle, but as its not certain yet I've had more thought about whether or not to pursue other options. 

Only within the last week I come across an internship from Unit 44 in Newcastle. I'm more than familiar with them as they cover a broad spectrum of disciplines up in the north east. As they host art exhibitions, food events, nightclub events, as well as numerous commissions for the cultural sector in Newcastle but also worldwide. Its a real mix from what I've seen from the outside as it was born from overlapping professional business backgrounds colliding via mutual appreciation of contemporary printmaking, street murals and paintings.

































Working as an intern at a studio that covers so much would benefit me at this stage of my practice, as to this point I'm not entirely sure what I want to specialize with. Therefore I jumped on this opportunity and gave the studio an email regarding the internship. 























In the email I aimed to keep it short and sweet but also laid back and now its just whether or not they get back in touch regarding the internship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment