Thursday 4 February 2016

OUGD402
Fontsmith type specimens

Earlier in the year I contacted Fontsmith type foundry about the possibility of them sending me some Typeface specimens that would help my the current project at the time which happened to be typeface design. Fontsmith replied and were more than happy to send multiple type specimens to help me, I took inspiration from the layout of the specimens to give me guidance on my final type specimen, furthermore the specimens will prove a useful source on possible future briefs on typography. However, what I personally gained from all this was just emailing a professional practice, it gave me the confidence to not be afraid of making contact with studios / designers to ask for help or this case a product that would personally help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment