Thursday 14 January 2016

OUGD402
Baltic gallery visit

Over the christmas break I visited the Baltic centre for contemporary art to check out the latest installation by Brian Griffiths, Bill Murray: a story of distance, size and sincerity. The installation is a series of nine different styled buildings, including a LA beach house, a Scottish mansion, and an ocean adventure dome but all them are styled on Bill Murray's activities and pastimes. The show encourages comparisons and differences through intimacy and use Murray's authenticity to give the objects meaning. Personally I'm a big Bill Murray fan, so I wanted to see this exhibition for myself and i found it takes Murray's characteristics as an approach for the viewer to reimagine these unique styled buildings. While at the exhibition I came across some useful wayfinding at the Baltic that helped with one of my ongoing studio briefs on wayfinding and signage, the examples proved to be a useful pieces of primary research.


























No comments:

Post a Comment