Thursday 14 January 2016

OUGD402
Studio Brief 02
Initial Concepts

Eye to Eye
-Eye for good design
-Observant
-From my eye to ?
-Insight

This concept is all about my view on design and where I'm currently at in my professional practice, I want to document my projects, archive and information but also focus on my interests and inspirations 'through my eyes'. When scrolling through designers / studios websites you don't get a very good insight into what influences them so you don't often make a connection but for my idea is to have an insight into my vision of a designer and how I'm developing. Ways in which I could present this concept is through a website, but also a small editorial piece as I'm heavily interested in editorial design at this moment in time. I believe a website is possibly the best option to execute this idea because it has the widest reach for a a possible audience, and with my concept having a underlying 'blog' feel about it, its the most suitable. I'd also like something tangible to present to personify myself, a business card wouldn't be any use at this time in my practice but a small booklet / notebook could be relevant, this piece could represent me but also personally help my practice.
As far as the identity goes for this design, I want something minimal and subtle to represent my identity, a simple monochrome logo that communicates my idea of 'vision' and 'insight'.

No comments:

Post a Comment