Friday 19 February 2016

OUGD402
Number 04 Studio

Number 04 is a studio I came across recently when I was influenced by the editorial in Hypebeast magazine, which they design. I decided to do further research into the studio, to see other projects and the processes they follow as I was drawn into the style.




























The studio was set up by Davis Ngarupe and Jordan Haynie but the studio itself wasn't the initial idea, they started a design club called Internet Explorers as a way of establishing a community and working on personal projects after work. But after a few months they decided to plan and produce these projects full time, So created Number 04 as a type of studio / publishing imprint where they could take on commissioned work and create consumer products. Based Utah, the designers at Number 04 believe they are in a good place due to the mix of people in arrears to the universities. When I was looking at the archive of work at Number 04 I took onboard that the work crosses disciplines and is very varied, they like taking on projects where they can explore format and approach every project that every design element is subject to change. 
I checked out the available interviews with the studio, and the designers say themselves that they are impatient when it comes to process, always thinking about two projects ahead, in some ways this reminds me of myself as I tend to plan ahead while I'm currently half way through a project.

I'll continue to keep up to date with Number 04 work as I'm incredibly interested in all the diverse work produced by this studio, I'll also continue researching into studio and will contact them to gain a better understanding of other process they have along with inspirations of they're own but at this time I need time consider a focused set of questions to ask that will benefit me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment