Thursday 29 December 2016

OUGD502 - Studio brief 01 - Adobe XD

OUGD504 : Studio brief 02  has introduced me to new software which is the Adobe XD beta, through using this software I was able to design and prototype a web app within the same software which is incredibly useful. As the brief asked for prototypes that are working, animated or navigable, XD allowed me to effortlessly prototype the web app unlike After Effects would, even though I had a number of useful AE workshops for the brief which have helped further my knowledge of AE; it doesn't offer the same ease as XD.

As XD is a beta its still being developed so it isn't the finished product and this provides difficulties sometimes when using it, for example resizing images can be strenuous at times and the type tool can often be annoying but other than that its a rather simple software to use, the easiest Adobe software to navigate in my opinion. Using this software created enjoyment throughout the design process as I was both new to this software but also digital design, it created enthusiasm for digital design as I believe being able to prototype the work at any time was beneficial to both me as designer and the process. Comparing this to design for print, in which prototyping work can be time consuming and costly like OUGD504 : Studio brief 01.

No comments:

Post a Comment