Tuesday 10 January 2017

OUGD502 - Studio brief 02 - Creative presence

Studio brief
Building on your continued familiarisation with the creative industries and prompted by the need for even more engagement with professional contacts, I am required to seek out an industry practitioner or practice who I will base a report on. The completed report should utilise my skills as both a creative and a researcher and make use of material drawn from at least one personal interview with an appropriate spokesperson to then culminate in an insightful overview of a contemporary industry figure or organisation. An interview can be carried out in person or via phone, Skype or email. Supporting sessions will offer guidance regarding the approaching and interviewing of subjects.I should aim to subsequently develop a report that is engaging in terms of both its style and content. The completed report should be submitted as a digital publication posted to your PPP blog and needs to communicate my interview subject's route into industry and identify where their creative practice is currently situated.

Deliverables
A 500 word Creative Report published as a digital publication posted and clearly label to your PPP blog.

Interpretation of the brief
Firstly i'm looking forward to this brief as it'll help push me to contact designers and studios more often, as it'll improve my confidence to speak to creatives. I look forward to formatting the interview into a suitable piece of graphic design but that will all be informed by my research and the practitioner who I decide to contact

Personal Aims
One personal aim is to improve my confidence in contacting creatives and hopefully I can build on this interview and form connections with certain practitioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment