Thursday 8 December 2016

OUGD502 - Studio brief 01 - Everyday objects @ Munro House

I recently visited Everyday objects by artist Jason Tyler at Munro House, the small exhibition is a topsy turvy re-imaging of everyday objects found in our homes. Tyler created a piece of artwork a day in 2012 and the outcome was hundreds of tinkered, adapted, and changed objects. The artwork is witty and playful in my opinion which made me question how easily some of pieces were constructed, for example placing a lego head onto a toy solider may seemed like such an easy / obvious response when I was viewing it yet I would never have adapted the two together when I was younger. Through this the exhibition definitely achieved it aims of making me reimagine objects little and large that have been a big part of my life at some point.                



No comments:

Post a Comment