Monday 19 February 2018

OUGD602 - Evolution Print visit

The classes visit to Evolution print in Sheffield was a highly beneficial day out of studies, as we had a real insight into a printing facility. From the moment we stood in the door we felt welcome, and I got a genuine impression the staff at Evolution didn't see us as students, but as clients. Prior to the visit I had a understanding of printing and processes involved, but this visit covered everything from costs, quantities and limitations. With Tom Winter, the customer care manager carefully taking us around the space giving the pros and cons for every service they offer. I managed to have a quick chat with Tom, towards the end of the visit regarding a project of mine in which I'm thinking of using newsprint. He was more than helpful giving me estimates and advice, and handing me his business card if I had any further questions regarding the project. We were also welcome to help ourselves to the vast range of creative work they've printed which are spares. From the selection I took, it goes to show the quality of work and range of work they are capable of doing at Evolution, so they are definitely somewhere to consider using in the future. Another thing that caught my eye during the visit was Evolutions identity which I had a distinct feeling was designed by Ian Anderson. The overall aesthetic and the fact they are based in Sheffield made me assume this until I was proven correct. The identity really impressed me as its clear Evolution have a real desire to create work for creative minds, through their contemporary identity.



No comments:

Post a Comment