Monday 6 November 2017

OUGD602 - You've got mail task

For one of the PPP tasks we were asked to identify a practitioner who's work we admire, then to follow up on this interest and send them something physical in the post. Therefore I noted down twelve practitioners who's work Ive always admired from a far, then selected Jack Featherstone. The particular reasoning for this is because at this moment in time, contacting him would benefit me profoundly as his interest and involvement in electronic music relates to my context of practice essay. He works for Studio Crême who work for a number of cultural clients but with Dekmantel, Bleed Records and Simian Mobile Disco being his freelance clients, I believe his input for research would invaluable.

So my concept for this task was to send Jack an invitation to help me with my dissertation research, with the message being transported in a 'poster-velope'. If not obvious by the name, the object is an envelope which enfolds into a A3 poster. When brainstorming ideas for this I believe people of prints posterzine influenced my thoughts on how to include two aspects in one. And when looking back on this task the poster-velope having two functions in one benefited costs such as printing and postage.












The content within the envelope was the invitation along with contact details. Then on the flip side a wireframe illustration of a modular synth.

Overall I am pleased with the outcome although if I am to do a task similar to this again, I wont rush the final outcome as I feel I could have spent more time designing the actual poster-velope. But this task definitely pushed me to contact a practitioner, in a different form of communication as most times an email can get lost within a bundle of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment