Tuesday 7 November 2017

OUGD602 - What, how & why? task

This task made me reconsider how to effectively communicate my work in a more precise and professional manner. Although I believe I have improved considerably in terms of communicating my ideas verbally, this task made me realise how I can continue to improve  by applying the simple rules of What, How and Why? to each project. Therefore for the task we had to select one of our favourite briefs thus far and apply the rules. To date my favourite briefs on the course have been the BALTIC web app and Anywhere but Pryzm, subsequently for the later I haven't actually wrote any copy explaining the brief so this task enabled me to create fresh copy to explain it.



What is the core idea?
Seeing art in physical form can be engaging but with digital technologies advancing, art galleries and technology must coexist. The outcome is a free web app for the BALTIC to create a digital presence in the gallery and to actively enhance the visitors experience.

How does it work?
By blending art, technology, design, and user experience, it is intended to be educational, inspirational, personal to the visitor and create a direct link between gallery and visitors.

Why does it work?
With a stripped back approach to the UI, icons and layout in mind it is designed with the audience in mind and for it to be welcoming, useable and understanding for all ages.

























What is the core idea? 
‘Anywhere but Pryzm’ which is a Leeds freshers guide focusing on a select number of event spaces which are outside of the typical image of a student night, within the vibrant student city.

How does it work?
The guide is small in size and selective in content but straight to point and aims to uncover Leeds best spots, for students looking outside the box.

Why does it work?
The guide is informative and gives an open insight into each event space, therefore the viewer is able depict as they please.

No comments:

Post a Comment