Sunday 20 November 2016

OUGD502 - Studio brief 01 -  Valuing my work & Student Bite Logo

Recently I was contacted by a close friend about one of his friends at university who required a logo for his Business project. I was open to produce a logo for him as after initial talks about what he wanted, he added that the work would be paid. At this stage I was unaware of the payment as he had to discuss it with his group first, but I had the figure of £20 in my mind as I put into context that they were students such as myself so funds are low. Recently I had a lecture on how to value my work and thanks to this talk I was able to put into account ways in which to value my work, first of all my time had to be accounted then my skill set, as he already informed me of what he wanted then no research was required; if it was then I'd have to charge more than £20. I felt £20 was a fair price for the service I was providing and if they weren't students then I'd be charging much more.


































As you can see above he offered me £5, which I found funny in all fairness. I understood that the group are students and funds are low but I'm a student myself and cant afford to offer my time cheaply. I contacted back telling him my price and within a day he was able to pay the price. He specified that he wanted a black, mustard yellow and dark green colour palette with type layered 'Student' then 'Bite' below it with a chef hat at the top. He made it evidently clear what he wanted, so I took it upon myself to create the logo in Illustrator which in total took me roughly 40 minutes to make.

























The logo which I produced is nothing I'm entirely proud of, in fact I dont like it all but its what he specified and he was happy with the end result so this was an example of supplying the client with exactly what he wanted. If I had more time on this and was able to research and put my own spin on the logo then I believe the logo would come out much differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment