Monday 19 October 2015

OUGD402
Brian Eno lecture

This was a small task in which we simply had to listen  to an hour long BBC lecture, conducted by Brian Eno. Beforehand I had basic knowledge of Brian Eno, I knew of tracks such as 'An Ending' and his collaborations with Coldplay but nonetheless nothing to base a strong opinion on, however this lecture gave a great insight to his creative thoughts and processes which I found profoundly inspiring.

He mentioned subject matters such as culture, the creative industries in the UK but one comment he made which I noted down is "Art gives us the chance to have feelings for things that are dangerous" with a piece of art you can draw up certain emotions then be able to switch off completely. This gave me the idea that art can be a release for people. Just from listening to that small lecture, I now have an understanding and perception into other affairs and issues which could help in a later date.


No comments:

Post a Comment